Thursday, November 4, 2010

Zucchini Bread



I remember making homemade zucchini bread with my grandma when I was little. Although my grandma's wasn't a "Paleo" version...this still brought back a lot of memories for me. And it's always a plus when the kids will eat it too. I even sent some to school in my daughter's lunch.

Zucchini Bread

- 4 cage-free omega-3 eggs (at room temp. & separated)
- 2 medium sized zucchini grated
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted almond butter
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda (aluminum & gluten free)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl beat the egg yolks together.  Combine the remaining ingredients, except for the walnuts, with the egg yolks and mix well.  In a separate metal bowl, whip the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.  Fold in the eggs whites with the zucchini mixture.  Lastly, add the chopped walnuts and mix well.

Pour batter into a prepared 9x5 loaf pan. Bake 50-55 minutes until golden brown.  Let cool for 15-20 minutes before removing from pan. Slice, serve and enjoy:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment