Saturday, October 30, 2010

Crockpot Beef Stew



Paleo and Crockpot...two of my favorite words:-)  This was so easy to make and made the house smell so good.  Just a warning though...this recipe filled up my 5qt Crockpot to the brim!!!  I'm thinking I am going to need a larger Crockpot here soon so I can make these dinners and have plenty of left-overs.  Don't you just love how left-overs take the guess work out of lunch for the next couple of days???

Crockpot Beef Stew

- 2lb beef stew meat (grass-fed would be best)
- 5 carrots peeled & sliced
- 4 celery stalks sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 parsnips peeled & sliced
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 yellow onions diced (I used small ones)
- 1 can of organic diced tomatoes (14.5oz.)
- 1 can of organic tomato paste (6oz.)
- 1 qt. organic free-range chicken broth
- 2 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. sage

Combine all the ingredients and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment