Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cauliflower Rice


Before going Paleo, rice was consumed very often in our household and in large quantities.  It was one of the  things I really missed eating....not anymore:-)  I was so happy to stumble upon a few recipes for cauliflower rice.  I try to keep things as simple as possible while cooking so I find myself modifying recipes all the time and this is what I came up with.  The great thing was 2 out of my 3 kids loved it!!!  The 3rd needed a little more coaxing to finish it up, but that's nothing new.  My hubby topped his off with a little soy sauce, but I enjoyed it as is and I hope you do too. 

Cauliflower Rice

- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- sea salt to taste (I used about 1/4 - 1/2 tsp.)

In a large pan heat the olive oil. Add the diced onion, and saute for about 5-10 min. Add the celery and garlic and continue sauteing for an additional 5 min.  While sauteing, prepare the cauliflower by placing it in a food processor and process it until it looks like rice grains (having it a little course is way better than too mushy).  If you don't have a food processor, you can chop or grate the cauliflower instead.

Add the cauliflower to the pan. Stir, cover and cook (stirring occasionally) till the cauliflower is soft...about 5-10 min. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment