Friday, October 15, 2010

Why I started this whole thing...

I get asked all the time, "What do you eat?"... Well, that's the reason I've created this blog. I thought this would be an easy way to share my recipes and tips with my friends and to hopefully show how easy it is to live a healthy lifestyle through diet and exercise. It's not rocket science...just be dedicated and take it back to the basics.

I eat lean meats, vegetables, nuts and seeds, fruit, no sugar, no grains (except for my gluten free oatmeal) and no dairy.

When I first started out on this adventure of a Paleo lifestyle I though, "I'll give it a try for a month or so." Well...now I'm sticking to it and planning on staying Paleo forever!!!

I decided to go Paleo to see if I could tell the difference in my CrossFit workouts & running just by "fueling" my body with nothing but natural foods. The answer was...YES!!!

Do I feel stronger?...YES! Did I loose weight?...YES! Did I get rid of those cravings for the "not-so-healthy foods"?...YES! Do I have more energy throughout the day?...YES! Is my family benefiting from this lifestyle?...YES!


* Here goes my little disclaimer... I am NOT a registered dietitian or a nutrition counselor. I am not perfect and I do not know all there is to know about the Paleo lifestyle. Some of the foods I choose to eat are not necessarily on the strict Paleo food list...so you can say I choose a little more "relaxed" version of the Paleo diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment